From the Hill to the Street: An insider’s perspective
Get our "Inside the Beltway" insights from Andrew H. Friedman, principal of The Washington Update LLC, on tax reform, health care, the federal budget, national energy policy and other federal initiatives — and the implications for timely investment strategies.Download
In this insight, Andrew discusses the challenges and legislative goals of the new Congress. Tom Metzold provides perspective on what this means for the municipal bond market.
In this timely Insight, Andy Friedman details how the House and Senate chambers might view compromise differently and the unfinished business that awaits them next month.
Read this quick primer, see why there’s spirited debate about tax inversion in the U.S. and what it all means to you.
For many years, trusts have been the province of the wealthy — mysterious vehicles used to escape taxes and preserve assets for future generations.
- Strives to minimize interest-rate risk by reinvesting maturing bond proceeds at higher interest rates
- Separately managed accounts customized for maturity, credit quality and state concentration
- Broad exposure to the municipal bond market
- Managed by one of America’s oldest and largest municipal managers
- Extensive research helps mitigate credit risk
- High-quality municipal exposure
- Managed for after-tax total return
- One of the industry’s only “crossover” products, investing in municipal, U.S. Treasury and U.S. agency securities
Tools & Resources
Taxes: Seeking Tax-Efficient Income & Equity
Eaton Vance has the tools and experience that will help investors ease the tax burden.
View our Taxes guide which includes laddered municipals, municipal Income, tax-advantaged bonds and tax-managed equities.
Investment Tax Center
See the breakdown of how taxes could consume more than 50 cents of every dollar earned.
Tax-Equivalent Yield Calculator
See how munis’ favorable tax status compares with taxable bonds of equal quality and maturity.
Principal of The Washington Update, Friedman speaks regularly on legislative and regulatory happenings.